Colorado Gives Day
Tuesday December 6
Arts Education Impact by the Numbers
Do you believe in arts education outreach? Do you believe professional performing artists should be connecting with our local schools?
Did you know that this is precisely what the works to do?
We sponsor educational outreach opportunities in partnership with Poudre School District, Colorado State University and the Lincoln Center, bringing together artists and students through assemblies, lecture-demonstrations, master classes, and field trips to the Lincoln Center.
Here are the numbers:
Snapshot of 2016:
- January: 1,100 6th grade students attend Fiesta Mexicano featuring Ballet Folklorico de Mexicano at the Lincoln Center
- January: Taikoza Japanese Taiko Drum tours 3 local elementary schools (reaching 1,235 students) presenting assemblies on Japanese music and culture
- June: The Children’s Series hosts 5 regional artists who provide live performance experiences for 2,500 children, many from summer camps and local daycares
- October: 2,200 2nd and 3rd grade students attend Erth’s Dinosaur Zoo live at the Lincoln Center
Looking Toward 2017:
- January: Illstyle and Peace Productions will tour local schools for two days to present anti-bullying and mathematics-themed assemblies using hip hop dance
- April: Che Malambo will perform Argentinian music and dance for 1,100 7th grade students at the Lincoln Center
- June: Free Summer Concert Children’s Series 2017!
Please consider a donation to support these upcoming outreach efforts.
Thanks to your support, is able to provide these performing arts experiences at no or extremely minimal cost to our local school children. As we look to do even more in 2017, we ask you to consider a meaningful contribution to the Lincoln Center Support League. Whether it is $5, $20 or even $100, your support will help to provide the resources we need to connect professional artists with local students.
Colorado Gives Day Donation Incentives:
- $50 - Lincoln Center Water Bottle
- $75 - Buy One Get One (BOGO) Ticket to Select Lincoln Center Performances
- $100 - BOGO Ticket to Select Lincoln Center Performances + Invitation to a VIP reception on stage at the Lincoln Center for the unveiling of the 2016-2017 Season + Lincoln Center Water Bottle
- $150 - BOGO + Backstage Tour to Select Lincoln Center Performances + Lincoln Center Water Bottle
- (If your donation qualifies for one of the select rewards, you will be contacted with details and show options after Dec 6th.)
Thank you for supporting our arts education outreach programs!
The Lincoln Center Support League's mission in action!
Enjoy these pictures from the 2015 Children's Summer Series held on the Lincoln Center lawn.
Also featured are Poudre School District students enjoying performances of Taikoza and Ballet Folklorico Mexicano de Carlos Moreno.